1/3/09

Christmas in Florida


The kids were out of school, my wife had a month break from school and I had a few days of work to do for a new client in Orlando. Therefore, it was time to head South for two weeks of Sun!

Days by the pool, a few days were spent playing around inside Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. I believe I'm done with theme parks for the rest of my life. Highlight was time at Anna Maria Island. Beautiful white beaches, seafood, beach cruisers and rest.

I brought my race bike along and spent two days at Alafia State Park. I've been told it is the best place to ride in Florida and the reports weren't wrong. Flowing trails through old phosphorus mines mixed with plam trees and some extreme sections thrown in. The locals were quite hospitable in allowing me to tag along. Highly recommended if you visit Florida.

No comments: