1/6/08

Ride #2 since accident

The weather was over 60 degrees today and I just couldn't resist the temptation to get out and ride. I deliberated for quite a while and even was encouraged to be cautious by my wife as she has seen me struggle more than anyone through this ordeal. We were both a bit concerned as it was extremely wet out due to the recent snow melt along with an additional mist which meant I'd be riding on the road. I dug through the kids skating gear to come up with as knee pad that fit securely over my left elbow. I was set! Pulled the hard tail off the wall, performed some minor maintenance, geared up and was out the door to be refreshed. U2 was singing in my ears and the wind was in my face. The left hand tingles after about 10 minutes on the bars and required some stretches along the way, yet not too bad. I ended up arriving home near dark after a 1.5 hr outing. So good! Oh so good and needed...

1 comment:

Chris said...

Hey, glad to hear you're out there again, can't wait to see you on the trails!